Welcome to Episode 169 of Building My Legacy.
In this podcast we talk with Matthew Anderson, the CEO of Leadership Coaching for Results, a company he started after leaving a position as executive director of a non-profit mental health organization. He explores with us his “results equation” that enables managers to become leaders … and why, in today’s work-from-anywhere world, leadership is more important than ever.
Matthew points to the logo for his company — a fingerprint — and explains how it emphasizes that “a leader leaves their fingerprints all over the organization and all over the people that they touch and serve.” That’s important for leaders to recognize because they’re leaving their fingerprints — and building their legacy — every day.
So if you want to know:
- Why demonstrating empathy is the first step to creating trust — a necessary component in the results equation
- The importance of allowing yourself to be vulnerable in your dialogue with an employee
- How to use your negative experiences as learning lessons for others
- The critical difference between motivation and manipulation
- Why you need to take the time to behave as a leader
About Matthew Anderson
After working in a variety of industries, including education consulting, Matthew Anderson became executive director of a non-profit mental health organization. When the government funding he was able to secure was delayed as a result of the COVID pandemic, he made the difficult decision to lay himself off. When he thought about what he wanted to do next, he decided to combine his knowledge, skills, education, experience and passion and start Leadership Coaching for Results. The goal of his new company: to help strong managers and professionals become the leaders they need and want to be. Matthew has been named the #1 Corporate Trainer in the World by Dale Carnegie & Associates, has consulted with and conducted in-house corporate training for a Fortune 400 Company and has written numerous nationally published articles. More information about Matthew and his company is available at leadershipcoachingforresults.com
About Lois Sonstegard, PhD
Working with business leaders for more than 30 years, Lois has learned that successful leaders have a passion to leave a meaningful legacy. Leaders often ask: When does one begin to think about legacy? Is there a “best” approach? Is there a process or steps one should follow?
Lois is dedicated not only to developing leaders but to helping them build a meaningful legacy. Learn more about how Lois can help your organization with Leadership Consulting and Executive Coaching:
Thanks for Tuning In!
Thanks so much for being with us this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Please leave a note in the comments section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it with your friends by using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic episode updates.
And, finally, please take a minute to leave us an honest review and rating on iTunes. They really help us out when it comes to the ranking of the show, and I make it a point to read every single one of the reviews we get.
Please leave a review right now. Thanks for listening!
Recent episodes from Mike Saunders, MBA (see all)
- Episode 251-Deven Patel and Dr. Anand Srivastava on Bringing Advanced Scientific Knowledge to Market with Lois Sonstegard,PHD - January 27, 2023
- Ep. #6 – Mehmet Niyazi – The Big Success Podcast with Brad Sugars - January 27, 2023
- Episode #20-Staying Together-Part 3-Finances, Weight Gain, Bad Sex-The All In-Definitely Podcast with Anwar R. Sadeek and Cyana Alvarez - January 27, 2023