Welcome to Episode 166 of Building My Legacy.
In this podcast we talk with Dan Duckworth, the founder of The Crucible Life, an online leadership community of changemakers. His current mission is to find, liberate, unite and inspire changemakers across every industry, regardless of their job function or authority level. Dan explains that a changemaker is someone who feels deep inside that they have a mission or purpose to lead change for the people they love and the communities they care about. These people, Dan tells us, believe “I’m supposed to do more.”
The Crucible Life provides a home for people who have the heart of a changemaker. Dan’s message is valuable for the many people we hear from who would like to do more. And it’s vital for those of you who are building your legacy.
So if you want to know:
- Why leadership is much more than transferring knowledge or skills
- About the link between character and culture transformation
- The three conditions that have to be met for somebody to tackle something that’s hard to do
- How to discover your “trophy goal”
- Why leadership is only the means to an end
About Dan Duckworth
Dan Duckworth is a changemaker, teacher and community-builder. He started out, in his words, “as a peon” and ended up leading executive level transformational initiatives that helped leaders implement significant strategic changes for their organizations. Dan founded The Crucible Life, an online leadership community of changemakers, to facilitate his mission to make deep change accessible to the masses — not just executives. He is an expert in transformational leadership, helping leaders in every industry and at every level of authority answer the call of the changemaker and achieve the trophy goals they care about most. You can learn more about The Crucible Life at the organization’s website, cruciblelife.com and connect with Dan at danduckworth.net
About Lois Sonstegard, PhD
Working with business leaders for more than 30 years, Lois has learned that successful leaders have a passion to leave a meaningful legacy. Leaders often ask: When does one begin to think about legacy? Is there a “best” approach? Is there a process or steps one should follow?
Lois is dedicated not only to developing leaders but to helping them build a meaningful legacy. Learn more about how Lois can help your organization with Leadership Consulting and Executive Coaching:
Thanks for Tuning In!
Thanks so much for being with us this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Please leave a note in the comments section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it with your friends by using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic episode updates.
And, finally, please take a minute to leave us an honest review and rating on iTunes. They really help us out when it comes to the ranking of the show, and I make it a point to read every single one of the reviews we get.
Please leave a review right now. Thanks for listening!
Recent episodes from Mike Saunders, MBA (see all)
- Episode #31-Two Early Social Security Claiming Mistakes-The 15 Minute Financial Feast Podcast-With Mark Triplett & Troy Westendorf - December 9, 2022
- Interview with Don Plotsky, Co-founder of Alternative Income Solutions Discussing Predictable Income With Specialty Finance - December 8, 2022
- Ep. #31 – Marisa Jones – Define Your Path with Dr. Virginia LeBlanc “DocV”, The Pivot Maestro. - December 6, 2022