Welcome to Episode 161 of Building My Legacy.
In this podcast David Friedman — award-winning CEO, entrepreneur and author — talks with us about the importance of building cultures. David believes that, as a leader, if you don’t take control of your corporate culture, it will be created for you by the strongest personalities within your organization. In our discussion, he provides tips on how you can be intentional about culture and introduces us to the process his CultureWiseTM system uses to simplify the experience for you and employees at all levels of your company.
David explains how to implement the culture you want by defining it clearly and introducing “rituals” to implement the needed behavior changes in a structured, systematic way. He’s convinced that most employees want to do great work, but they may not understand fully what that entails and may not have the internal discipline needed to lead to success.
So if you want to know:
- How culture has an enormous influence over how employees do what they do
- Why the CEO has to be the chief culture officer, too
- What prevents leaders from being intentional about workplace culture
- Why it’s easier to coach someone about their behaviors than their values
- Why rituals are so important in the rollout and maintenance of your desired work culture
- Practical ways to measure the implementation of a cultural change
About David Friedman
David Friedman is a CEO, entrepreneur, author and renowned public speaker. As CEO of an employee benefits consulting company, he grew the business from a few people to more than 100 employees because of the culture the company had built. After he sold that company, he wrote his first book, Fundamentally Different, based on the insights he learned by intentionally building the right culture at his former company. He followed that up with his second book, Culture by Design, a “how-to” manual for building a high-performance culture. His current company, High Performing Culture, has helped hundreds of companies throughout North America implement his culture operating system, CultureWise. More information about David and his company is available at his website, CultureWise.com
About Lois Sonstegard, PhD
Working with business leaders for more than 30 years, Lois has learned that successful leaders have a passion to leave a meaningful legacy. Leaders often ask: When does one begin to think about legacy? Is there a “best” approach? Is there a process or steps one should follow?
Lois is dedicated not only to developing leaders but to helping them build a meaningful legacy. Learn more about how Lois can help your organization with Leadership Consulting and Executive Coaching:
Thanks for Tuning In!
Thanks so much for being with us this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Please leave a note in the comments section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it with your friends by using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic episode updates.
And, finally, please take a minute to leave us an honest review and rating on iTunes. They really help us out when it comes to the ranking of the show, and I make it a point to read every single one of the reviews we get.
Please leave a review right now. Thanks for listening!
Recent episodes from Mike Saunders, MBA (see all)
- Episode #21-Commitment after Four Dates-The All In-Definitely Podcast with Anwar R. Sadeek and Cyana Alvarez - February 3, 2023
- Episode 253-Chris Masiello on Finding Opportunity in Change with Lois Sonstegard,PHD - February 3, 2023
- Interview with Rebecca Macieira-Kaufmann, Founder of RMK Group and Author of FitCEO - February 1, 2023