Welcome to Episode 145 of Building My Legacy.
In this podcast, we talk with insurance broker David Duford, the founder and CEO of DavidDuford.com, a virtual insurance agency helping new and experienced agents become top producers. David shares with us information about a topic none of like to discuss: “final expense” or burial insurance.
He has identified a specific target market for this product — average Americans who have worked hard their entire lives, may have even planned for their retirement, but haven’t been able to protect their spouse or children against the funeral expenses they’ll eventually face. If you have hourly workers in this situation, David has an option that allows you to offer a “value-added” benefit to them at no cost to you. As we all face the need to manage salary and benefit costs yet still attract employees, David’s message is valuable for owners of businesses of all sizes.
So if you want to know:
- Why employer-provided group life insurance typically doesn’t help retirees
- How Simplified Issue Insurance policies can help workers planning for retirement
- How a Voluntary Payroll Deduct Plan can be an affordable option for employees — at no cost to employers
- Who shouldn’t consider final expense insurance
- The best time to arrange for any kind of insurance — particularly life insurance
About David Duford
David Duford who owns DavidDuford.com, a virtual insurance agency, has written three best-selling insurance sales and marketing books: The Official Guide to Selling Insurance for New Agents, The Official Guide to Selling Final Expense Insurance and Interviews with Top Producing Insurance Agents. David is also a YouTube Influencer in insurance sales with more than 18,000 subscribers and more than 1.5 million total views. More information about David and how he works with new and experienced agents nationally to help them become top producers is available at www.DavidDuford.com
About Lois Sonstegard, PhD
Working with business leaders for more than 30 years, Lois has learned that successful leaders have a passion to leave a meaningful legacy. Leaders often ask: When does one begin to think about legacy? Is there a “best” approach? Is there a process or steps one should follow?
Lois is dedicated not only to developing leaders but to helping them build a meaningful legacy. Learn more about how Lois can help your organization with Leadership Consulting and Executive Coaching:
Thanks for Tuning In!
Thanks so much for being with us this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Please leave a note in the comments section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it with your friends by using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic episode updates.
And, finally, please take a minute to leave us an honest review and rating on iTunes. They really help us out when it comes to the ranking of the show, and I make it a point to read every single one of the reviews we get.
Please leave a review right now. Thanks for listening!
Mike Saunders, MBA
Recent episodes from Mike Saunders, MBA (see all)
- Interview with D. Scott Kenik, Founder and Principal of Wealth Concepts Group Discussing Alternative Investment Options - May 29, 2023
- Interview with Rick Elmore, Founder and CEO of Simply Noted - May 29, 2023
- Interview with D. Scott Kenik, Founder and Principal of Wealth Concepts Group Discussing Market Volatility - May 26, 2023