Welcome to Episode 141 of Building My Legacy.
In this podcast, we talk with career coach Mandy Tucker who works with executives in the workplace — especially women — who want to move up the leadership ladder. She also mentors university students and graduates, helping shape their careers. Mandy believes that for too long it has been extremely difficult for women — especially women of color — to move upwards. She also thinks that too many people don’t recognize the opportunities available to them and fail to identify their passions. Mandy shares with us how she helps people set goals and map out a future — even if it involves balancing a nine-to-five job with the dream of entrepreneurship.
So if you want to know:
- The importance of knowing where to position yourself
- Why you shouldn’t feel pressured to take a position that doesn’t fit your values or your passions
- How to map your career path — and the importance of doing so
- Why you should congratulate yourself on the “small wins”
- The four elements of a great career
- How fear can help you strive
About Mandy Tucker
Mandy Tucker is director of an IT department for Hertz in the United Kingdom. While keeping that nine-to-five job, she has been able to establish a coaching career that specializes in helping people in mid-level careers get the right tactics and approach to excel in their chosen field. She believes that we all need guidance, direction or just some “cheering from the sidelines” to help us map a clear path to success. Whether you want to be CEO or an industry expert, Mandy is ready to help you plan and achieve your career pathway. From her website, www.mandytuckercoaching.com, you can download a helpful career-mapping tool and her guide to improving your career, increasing your network and getting better known in your industry, “How to Get Visible with LinkedIn.”
About Lois Sonstegard, PhD
Working with business leaders for more than 30 years, Lois has learned that successful leaders have a passion to leave a meaningful legacy. Leaders often ask: When does one begin to think about legacy? Is there a “best” approach? Is there a process or steps one should follow?
Lois is dedicated not only to developing leaders but to helping them build a meaningful legacy. Learn more about how Lois can help your organization with Leadership Consulting and Executive Coaching:
Thanks for Tuning In!
Thanks so much for being with us this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Please leave a note in the comments section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it with your friends by using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic episode updates.
And, finally, please take a minute to leave us an honest review and rating on iTunes. They really help us out when it comes to the ranking of the show, and I make it a point to read every single one of the reviews we get.
Please leave a review right now. Thanks for listening!
Recent episodes from Mike Saunders, MBA (see all)
- Interview with Corina Fieger, Broker Associate with Colorado Home Realty - November 27, 2023
- Mark Nicholas – Managing Partner of Insight CPAs & Financial, PLLC and Strategic Navigators Accounting, PLLC - November 22, 2023
- Mark Nicholas and Jaimie Klawitter – Insight CPAs & Financial, PLLC and Strategic Navigators Accounting, PLLC - November 22, 2023