Welcome to Episode 134 of Building My Legacy.
In this podcast, life success coach Alex Dumas shares with us his experiences in corporate sales and eventually creating his own coaching business. We learn how he uses these experiences to help people who are starting businesses of their own. Alex believes the key to taking the leap to start a new business — as well as surviving challenges in your business and personal life — is your own identity. You need a mindset that believes you can do it because, as Alex explains, “We won’t get more out of life and out of our businesses than we believe we deserve.”
Alex helps people not be weighed down by the “impostor syndrome or feeling like a fraud.” His discussion holds lessons for all of us — particularly entrepreneurs and those looking at their next steps and building their legacy.
So if you want to know:
- How confidence is just a result of doing what you’re supposed to do
- Why you have to have a big enough vision
- The importance of looking at where you’ve had success before
- Why you should incorporate fun into what you do
- Why entrepreneurs in a “go-go” mode sometimes need to go “slow, slow, slow”
About Alex Dumas
Alex Dumas is a business and lifestyle coach who, with his wife Sarah, founded Abundance Daily Coaching, which focuses on helping entrepreneurs embrace imposter syndrome and get to the heart of their true identity to create thriving businesses. The Co-Chair of the Racial Equality Coalition for people of color in North Carolina, Alex is also a founding member of “The Kaleo Project,” which is designed to support people of color who are coaches and entrepreneurs to amplify their message and voice in the world. You can connect with Alex at http://thecoachingidentity.com
About Lois Sonstegard, PhD
Working with business leaders for more than 30 years, Lois has learned that successful leaders have a passion to leave a meaningful legacy. Leaders often ask: When does one begin to think about legacy? Is there a “best” approach? Is there a process or steps one should follow?
Lois is dedicated not only to developing leaders but to helping them build a meaningful legacy. Learn more about how Lois can help your organization with Leadership Consulting and Executive Coaching:
Thanks for Tuning In!
Thanks so much for being with us this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Please leave a note in the comments section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it with your friends by using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic episode updates.
And, finally, please take a minute to leave us an honest review and rating on iTunes. They really help us out when it comes to the ranking of the show, and I make it a point to read every single one of the reviews we get.
Please leave a review right now. Thanks for listening!
Mike Saunders, MBA
Recent episodes from Mike Saunders, MBA (see all)
- Interview with Eunicia Peret CEO of The Empowered Financial Planner Discussing Exit Planning for Business Owners - March 22, 2023
- Interview with Taliya Bashani, Real Estate Attorney, Negotiation Expert, and Founder of Tab Law Firm Discussing Her Book “Win The Listing” - March 22, 2023
- Episode #40-Credit Scores-The 15 Minute Financial Feast Podcast-With Mark Triplett & Troy Westendorf - March 21, 2023