Welcome to Episode 132 of Building My Legacy.
In this podcast, we talk with mindset coach and consultant Karen Calder whose 30-year career includes a vice presidential position with a Fortune One company where she headed training and development, leadership and change. When Karen realized this wasn’t the life she wanted — or the legacy she wanted to leave — she started her own coaching and consulting business. Her decision to become an entrepreneur and the obstacles she overcame in her journey reveal a resilience that we all need — especially in today’s uncertain economic environment.
Karen shares with us her secret for resilience — a message that’s valuable for struggling entrepreneurs, corporate executives who want to support their employees and anyone who wonders how to prepare for the next chapter in their life as they build their legacy.
So if you want to know:
- How to “work backwards” to achieve your desired outcome
- Why you should ask yourself, “What brings you joy?”
- How to create a positive mindset — even within a large corporation
- Why simple shifts in your thinking can help you identify and overcome the roadblocks to success and happiness
- What companies will gain when they build their human resources for creativity
About Karen Calder
Karen Calder is the Founder and CEO of Karen Calder Coaching & Consulting, a company centered on change and how our mind shapes the path to success. She has helped organizations transform their cultures, implement talent solutions and develop high-performing leaders and teams. After a successful career that included executive positions at several Fortune 500 companies, Karen faced burnout and a career setback, which propelled her to delve into the power of mindset and habits that support or limit our success. Her mission today is to help organizations, teams and individuals understand that authentic and sustainable change is possible by systematically breaking through the mental blocks that hold us back from realizing our full potential. She can be reached on her website, www.karen-calder.com
About Lois Sonstegard, PhD
Working with business leaders for more than 30 years, Lois has learned that successful leaders have a passion to leave a meaningful legacy. Leaders often ask: When does one begin to think about legacy? Is there a “best” approach? Is there a process or steps one should follow?
Lois is dedicated not only to developing leaders but to helping them build a meaningful legacy. Learn more about how Lois can help your organization with Leadership Consulting and Executive Coaching:
Thanks for Tuning In!
Thanks so much for being with us this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Please leave a note in the comments section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it with your friends by using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic episode updates.
And, finally, please take a minute to leave us an honest review and rating on iTunes. They really help us out when it comes to the ranking of the show, and I make it a point to read every single one of the reviews we get.
Please leave a review right now. Thanks for listening!
Mike Saunders, MBA
Recent episodes from Mike Saunders, MBA (see all)
- Interview with Eunicia Peret CEO of The Empowered Financial Planner Discussing Exit Planning for Business Owners - March 22, 2023
- Interview with Taliya Bashani, Real Estate Attorney, Negotiation Expert, and Founder of Tab Law Firm Discussing Her Book “Win The Listing” - March 22, 2023
- Episode #40-Credit Scores-The 15 Minute Financial Feast Podcast-With Mark Triplett & Troy Westendorf - March 21, 2023