Welcome to Episode 13 of Building My Legacy.
In this episode, Dr. Terry Jackson shares his formula for building a lasting legacy that creates leadership opportunities for everyone, especially for African Americans. His coaching and consulting have received acclaim from many leaders globally, and he will receive the “Thinkers 50 World Leader in Coaching Award” in London in November. He is a student of how the workforce of the future will look.
So, if you want to know:
- What the workforce challenges of the future will be
- What the challenges are for African Americans in the workplace
- What process Terry uses to address the challenges of diversity and inclusion
- What motivated Terry to begin his legacy building process?
Terry provides incredible insight
In this Podcast we will discuss:
- The importance of beginning legacy building early in life.
- The common goal of the global workforce: appreciating the humanness of each person
- The process Terry uses to move people beyond the sticky floor and glass ceiling to CEO leadership
- The challenges he has faced in building his legacy
- Terry’s strategy for overcoming these challenges
- The important role of diversity and inclusion initiatives
- The differences between diversity — “being invited to the dance” and inclusion — actually “being asked to dance”
- Terry’s vision of the workplace of the future
- The factors that shaped Terry’s life and his desire to build a legacy
- How, when we remember we are just one human being working with another human being, our commonalities become more important than our differences
About Terry Jackson
Dr. Terry Jackson, a member of the prestigious Marshall Goldsmith 100 Group, will soon be recognized by the Global Thinkers UK as one of the leaders in leadership and coaching. Terry is an authority on leadership development, diversity and inclusion, as well as emotional intelligence and its use to create high levels of employee engagement and sustained performance. Terry’s passion and purpose is helping others improve their quality of life and achieve performance excellence.
A highly accomplished, experienced and dynamic executive advisor thought leader and organizational consultant, Terry is a coach and consultant for U.S. State Department’s International Information Program.
He is the co-founder and COO of Jackson Consulting Group, which partners with executives and organizations to align strategy, people and processes to optimize and sustain peak business performance. The Group’s proprietary methodologies have been proven to increase profits and productivity, help manage change and reduce organizational costs.
A visionary with 25+ years of progressive leadership development experience, Terry has demonstrated success in catapulting sales, expanding existing markets, building strategic business relationships and developing professionals. He has extensive experience in P&L management, new product launches, corporate turnarounds, brand management, contract negotiations, auditing, people development and several process improvement methodologies.
Terry has worked with and consulted with startups, Fortune 10 companies and other corporate giants, including Norfolk Southern Corp, ExxonMobil, Bristol Myers Squibb, New York Life, Anthem, Valassis, Dell-EMC and FedEx. He is currently engaged with the Pakistan government on several major consulting projects. Terry holds a Ph.D. in Leadership and Organizational Change.
About Lois Sonstegard, PhD
Working with business leaders for more than 30 years, Lois has learned the passion successful leaders have to leave a meaningful legacy. Leaders often ask: When does one begin to think about legacy? Is there a “best” approach? Is there a process or steps one should follow?
Lois is dedicated not only to developing leaders but to help them build a meaningful legacy.
Learn More about how Lois can help your organization with Leadership Consulting and Executive Coaching: https://build2morrow.com/
Thanks for Tuning In!
Thanks so much for being with us this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Please leave a note in the comments section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it with your friends by using the social media buttons!
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic episode updates.
And, finally, please take a minute to leave us an honest review and rating on iTunes. They really help us out when it comes to the ranking of the show, and I make it a point to read every single one of the reviews we get.
Please leave a review right now.
Thanks for listening!
Recent episodes from Lois Sonstegard, PhD (see all)
- Episode 18 Megan Gallagher, a motivational speaker for teenagers, talks with Lois Sonstegard about anxiety and how she overcame it – October 18, 2019
- Episode 17: Dr. Bryan Mcelderry, pharmacist & coach, on the importance of stress management for overall quality of life-with Lois Sonstegard – October 12, 2019
- Ep 16-Dr. Karren Kowalski, nationally recognized thought leader in nursing & health care delivery, Building My Legacy with Lois Sonstegard – October 7, 2019
Recent episodes from Mike Saunders, MBA (see all)
- Episode 30-Done-for-You Authority Positioning | How Entrepreneurs Can Amplify Their Brand in Less Than an Hour - October 18, 2019
- Resume Storyteller with Virginia Franco – Interview with Pro Networker and LinkedIn Guru Jeff Young - October 18, 2019
- Episode 18 Megan Gallagher, a motivational speaker for teenagers, talks with Lois Sonstegard about anxiety and how she overcame it - October 18, 2019