Welcome to Episode 120 of Building My Legacy.
In this podcast we talk with leadership coach Jennifer McCanna who provides one-on-one and group coaching to companies. Her clients include international organizations where she faces the challenges of bringing together people with culturally different backgrounds. Jennifer believes in allowing employees to play to their strengths within a structure that recognizes organizational values and the corporate culture. In this way, employees will feel empowered to deliver their best work.
She also believes that an effective learning environment takes people to a creative space. That’s why reading and PowerPoint presentations don’t provide a full learning experience. “Learning is having a go at something, seeing what works … seeing what we learned, reflecting … a really creative cycle,” Jennifer explains. All of this becomes more important as employers struggle with how to deliver training and development programs to employees working remotely or in a hybrid model.
So if you want to know:
- The importance of creating a learning space where people feel confident
- How building strong relationships can eliminate the need for “courageous conversations”
- Why “blended learning” is the only way to appeal to various learning styles
- About the new importance of adding an extra layer of check-ins with our teams
- How thinking about what people aren’t expecting can be the key to engaging employees in training
About Jennifer McCanna
Jennifer McCanna is an experienced leadership coach working with ambitious managers to build their confidence, skills and resilience so they can lead high-performing teams, navigate work relationships with ease and deliver amazing results. She came from a musical family, started playing the cello at an early age and sees many parallels between having a creative outlet and coaching. A professional leadership coach with the International Coaching Federation, Jennifer delivers workshops, webinars and management development programs for organizations with employees based all over the world. She is passionate about supporting clients with practical resources and enjoys creating fun, focused and creative learning environments — even over Zoom! You can reach Jennifer at www.mccannacoaching.co.uk and on Instagram and LinkedIn.
About Lois Sonstegard, PhD
Working with business leaders for more than 30 years, Lois has learned that successful leaders have a passion to leave a meaningful legacy. Leaders often ask: When does one begin to think about legacy? Is there a “best” approach? Is there a process or steps one should follow?
Lois is dedicated not only to developing leaders but to helping them build a meaningful legacy. Learn more about how Lois can help your organization with Leadership Consulting and Executive Coaching:
Thanks for Tuning In!
Thanks so much for being with us this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Please leave a note in the comments section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it with your friends by using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic episode updates.
And, finally, please take a minute to leave us an honest review and rating on iTunes. They really help us out when it comes to the ranking of the show, and I make it a point to read every single one of the reviews we get.
Please leave a review right now. Thanks for listening!
Recent episodes from Mike Saunders, MBA (see all)
- Episode 251-Deven Patel and Dr. Anand Srivastava on Bringing Advanced Scientific Knowledge to Market with Lois Sonstegard,PHD - January 27, 2023
- Ep. #6 – Mehmet Niyazi – The Big Success Podcast with Brad Sugars - January 27, 2023
- Episode #20-Staying Together-Part 3-Finances, Weight Gain, Bad Sex-The All In-Definitely Podcast with Anwar R. Sadeek and Cyana Alvarez - January 27, 2023