Welcome to Episode 42 of Building My Legacy.
In this podcast Michael Oster gives us a new perspective on how to move up the corporate ladder and achieve your goals. An executive coaching advisor and principal of Level Up Advisors, Michael believes that people want to be successful yet they feel blocked. In terms of meeting organizational goals, employees need managers and leaders to help guide them, provide incentives and resources and measure their progress. His newly published book, Level Up: How to Use Your Unique Strengths to Develop Your Competencies and Reach Your Goals, introduces you to a practical, seven-step personal improvement plan.
Mike’s practical advice will help you make progress toward your goals as you achieve small wins immediately, become more enthusiastic and energetic so that you can then make bigger and bigger wins.
So if you want to know:
- How to use your values and strengths to reach your goals
- Why the corporate values “on the wall” aren’t always the same as the values “in the hall”
- How to function in a matrix type of environment
- About the “level up” system that breaks complex goals into secondary objectives that are more achievable
About Mike Oster
An executive coaching advisor and Gallup Certified Strengths Coach, Michael Oster is a principal in Level Up Advisors and the author of Level Up: How to Use Your Unique Strengths to Develop Your Competencies and Reach Your Goals. His 20+ years of experience include working with the private and non-profit sectors as a CEO and board of directors leader. He helps leaders facing new challenges, including high achievers who want to take themselves to the next level and high potentials who want to hit the ground running.
About Lois Sonstegard, PhD
Working with business leaders for more than 30 years, Lois has learned that successful leaders have a passion to leave a meaningful legacy. Leaders often ask: When does one begin to think about legacy? Is there a “best” approach? Is there a process or steps one should follow?
Lois is dedicated not only to developing leaders but to helping them build a meaningful legacy. Learn more about how Lois can help your organization with Leadership Consulting and Executive Coaching:
Thanks for Tuning In!
Thanks so much for being with us this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Please leave a note in the comments section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it with your friends by using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic episode updates.
And, finally, please take a minute to leave us an honest review and rating on iTunes. They really help us out when it comes to the ranking of the show, and I make it a point to read every single one of the reviews we get.
Please leave a review right now. Thanks for listening!
Recent episodes from Lois Sonstegard, PhD (see all)
- Episode 47 Kate Fitzsimons Continues with her 3Rs – to Reflect and Redirect-Building My Legacy with Lois Sonstegard –
- Episode 46 Rylee Meek Talks about Dinner Seminar Marketing-Building My Legacy with Lois Sonstegard –
- Episode 45 Introducing Our 10-Part Series With Kate Fitzsimons on Resilience-Building My Legacy with Lois Sonstegard –
Recent episodes from Mike Saunders, MBA (see all)
- Episode 334-Where are your ideal customers hiding?-Brand Doctor Podcast with Henry Kaminski, Jr. - June 2, 2020
- Episode #1 Sivonnia DeBarros – Sports & Entertainment, and Business Lawyer – Talks About Her Journey on “What Are You Sporting About?” - June 1, 2020
- Interview With David Jenyns Founder of systemHUB™ & SYSTEMology® - June 1, 2020