Some of the Essential Functions of the Liver Include:
- Processing nutrients absorbed by the intestines, so they are more efficiently absorbed.
- Regulating blood composition to balance protein, fat and sugar.
- Destroying old red blood cells
- Producing essential chemicals to help blood clot properly.
- Breaking down and metabolizing alcohol and medications.
- Producing essential protein and cholesterol
- Removing toxins from the bloodstream, including bilirubin, ammonia and others.
- Storing of minerals, iron and vitamin A
Signs your liver isn’t functioning correctly:
- Bloating and Gas
- Acid Reflux and heartburn
- Skin and/or eyes that are yellowish
- Inability to lose weight
- High blood pressure
- Moodiness, anxiety or depression
Lab Panel mentioned in today’s show:
The GWH – 3. Comprehensive Panel – The GWH – 3. Comprehensive Panel w Consult panel contains 13 tests with 101 biomarkers.
This panel includes Dr. Lewis’ consultation services and recommendations. Please complete the health survey at https://www.greenwisdomhealth.com/health-survey/