Kyle Brothersen is the Founder of Dirt Bike Channel, where he shares bike and gear reviews, as well as how-to and trail ride videos to fellow dirt bike enthusiasts. Today we talk about our advertiser – client relationship and how Facebook ads have transformed his business.
Kyle Brothersen started Dirt Bike Channel as a hobby and over the course of 10 years he has grown it into a full-time job. Dirt Bike Channel is an informational channel about dirt bikes, and Kyle never set out to make money from this hobby. But Dirt Bike Channel continued to grow organically over time.
I loved this opportunity to visit with Kyle because our relationship is unique. I was a fan and follower of the Dirt Bike Channel for years. Last year I reached out to Kyle to see if we could talk about how I might be able to help him grow his business. He was able to see that I was a customer, and genuinely interested in Dirt Bike Channel, so we were able to talk and discuss working together.
Facebook ads have been very successful for Kyle and he’s a great client. He’s seen the results and trusts the team at Spotlight to manage his ads without micromanaging.
You should check out our conversation and hear how Kyle organically grew Dirt Bike Channel and how things took off once he started marketing and outsourced Facebook ads.
About Kyle Brothersen
Kyle founded Dirt Bike Channel where he produces, films, edits, and plans the videos. He is passionate about off-road dirt bike riding. Until October of 2018, Kyle worked a full-time technology sales job during the day and worked on Dirt Bike Channel in his off-hours. Recently, he decided to focus on Dirt Bike Channel full time and see where he can take it. When he’s not working, he likes to head to the outdoors with my family doing things like camping, riding dirt-bikes, boating, hiking, and taking pictures.
Highlights from the conversation:
- Dirt Bike Channel’s Organic Growth
- Kyle focuses on valuable content, not on the number of views
- When outsourcing makes sense
- Looking inside the sphere of influence for someone that has a vested interest
- How Facebook ads have worked for Dirt Bike Channel
Dirt Bike Channel – http://www.dirtbikechannel.com/
Podcast – https://www.dirtbikechannel.com/podcast
Youtube – https://www.youtube.com/user/kylebrothersen
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/dirtbikechannel/
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/dirtbikechannel/
More episodes: http://truthaboutsocialads.com
The Truth About Social Ads
Recent episodes from Jason Smith (see all)
- 9: What’s a Good Cost Per Lead? – July 27, 2020
- 8: Generating Trust in Client Relationships with Kyle Brothersen – June 15, 2020
- 7: The Importance of Failing with Ralph Burns of Tier 11 – June 8, 2020
Recent episodes from James Hamilton Healy (see all)
- 28. Encouraging Leadership Development with Danny Bauer - October 19, 2020
- 147: Becoming Sex Positive with Heather Shannon - October 19, 2020
- 27. Micro-School Shortcut: Schools and Business, Pivot and Open a Micro-School - October 12, 2020