In This Episode of The Couple-preneurs Show with Nathan and Chasity Brown of Daddy’s Girls Bakery, we discuss:
- The balance of family when building a family business
About Daddy’s Girls Bakery:
Daddy’s Girls Bakery, a premier bakery with scratch-made delectable desserts, opened its first brick-and-mortar location in the 2021 B Reynolds Avenue development in North Charleston on January 1, 2021. They offer a selection of daily made cupcakes, cakes, Charleston Chewies, and other treats.
Founded in 2011 by a local Charleston couple, Nathan and Chasity Brown, the concept started as a hobby when Mrs. Brown made her eldest daughter’s four-year-old birthday cake to rave reviews from family and friends. They next began baking Nate’s family recipe of Charleston Chewies. Selling to local salons and barbershops throughout the Lowcountry, the Browns quickly realized from the overwhelming positive responses that they had a talent with baked goods, and their bakeshop was born. They built up their client base before opening a kiosk at the Charleston International Airport, stands at various Charleston area Farmers Markets, and selling their baked goods at multiple events throughout the state. Mr. and Mrs. Brown also ran a booth at the downtown Charleston Open Air vendors market on Market Street and provided desserts for the inauguration of Charleston’s mayor in 2016. Chasity, who hails from Alabama and Tennessee, specializes in decorating elaborate cakes and cupcakes.
Now, 10 years later with five children total (including two sets of twins!), the business has grown in all facets.
Connect with Daddy’s Girls Bakery:
About the Couple-preneurs Show:
- The Couple-preneurs Show, affectionately known as the providers of The Secret Sauce of Power Couples, is focused on helping couples in business develop structure and strategies that nurture the balance between business and home.
Being in business with your significant other includes the good, the bad, and the ugly. Not all couples in business thrive from working together. Working closely together is a dream that grows from love and enthusiasm.
Capture unique and informative ways to create, build, or advance your entrepreneurial journey via listening to other successful entrepreneurs’ stories of triumph, trials, and lessons learned.
Learn more about the show or be a guest by visiting our website here: https://kothoughtleaders.com/
Learn more about being a guest on our show: https://mailchi.mp/ndemandconsulting/share-your-story-with-other-entrepreneurs
Grab a copy of Oscar & Kiya’s book, Confessions: The Truth About Perfect Timing here: https://www.amazon.com/Confessions-Perfect-Couples-Reaching-Everything/dp/0615963463
Recent episodes from Mike Saunders, MBA (see all)
- Kim Magdalein w/Magdalein Financial-How Social Security Planners of America Helps Advisors Reimagine Social Security for their Clients - November 28, 2023
- Kim Magdalein w/Magdalein Financial-How Social Security Planners of America Helps Advisors Get Clients With Seminars - November 28, 2023
- Interview with Steven Stratton, Principal of SMS Insurance & Financial Services- Importance of Life Insurance - November 28, 2023