Dr. Stacy Cohen was on the fast track to become a surgeon. But she stepped off that career path when she found a bigger calling. In this episode, we talk about how to step off the status quo path (or out of med school) and lean into a really big “passion project”
We discuss that process AND the marketing tactics it takes to really get a business up and running with 0 business experience!
ABOUT STACEY COHEN:
Stacy Cohen, MD is a double-board certified general and addiction
psychiatrist, licensed in both New York and California and based in
Los Angeles, CA. She completed her residency training at the
University of Chicago and Rush University and her fellowship at
UCLA Medical Center.
Dr. Cohen founded The Moment, a private practice group in Santa
Monica, after feeling frustrated with the fragmentation of mental
health care in the outpatient setting. The Moment is not your
typical doctor’s office. Dr. Cohen believes the best treatment
comes from a collaborative approach. Thus, she created a
community of topnotch mental professionals working together in
a modern and inspiring setting. She strives to create the ultimate
relaxing environment for optimal healing and change.
By approaching mental health issues from biological, psychological,
social, and spiritual perspectives, Dr. Cohen and her team create
the truly integrative approach necessary to build lasting recovery
from complex conditions including mood disorders, anxiety
disorders, trauma, and addiction. She offers private sessions for medication management and/or psychotherapy as well as consultation and referral services to help determine the most appropriate recovery programs. Group therapy services are also available.
Prior to The Moment, Dr. Cohen was the Medical Director of several large addiction treatment programs in the Los Angeles area, which included all levels of care including detox, residential treatment, and intensive outpatient treatment. In addition to her work in addiction and general psychiatry, Dr. Cohen specializes in working with peripartum/women’s issues and LGBTQ patients.
Dr. Cohen has and continues to be involved in community education regarding mental health treatment and has published medical literature on a variety of mental health topics from Addiction in the Older Patient, to Managing Unipolar Depression During Pregnancy. Dr. Cohen serves as a Clinical Advisory Board Member of Backline, a mental health organization for musicians and was recently a keynote speaker at NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Health). The Moment is a teaching site for the UCLA Addiction Psychiatry Fellowship, where she serves as a volunteer teaching faculty.
Be sure to subscribe to this show for weekly episodes with other “go-getters” and inspiring leaders, coaches, and entrepreneurs.
You can find out more about Hanna at https://www.dreamlifeisreallife.com/show and connect with her on Instagram @hannahermanson_
Recent episodes from Hanna Hermanson (see all)
- Episode 73-Quit Your Career and Start a Movement & Never Burn out Again with Dr. Stacy Cohen and Hanna Hermanson – November 21, 2020
- Episode 72-Ultimate hacks for email marketing with Francis Rayan and Hanna Hermanson – November 13, 2020
- Episode 71-Mental Health, Non-profit Marketing Strategies & finding your inner CEO w/Backline Care Founder, Kendall Corso-w/Hanna Hermanson – November 7, 2020
Recent episodes from Mike Saunders, MBA (see all)
- Episode 73-Quit Your Career and Start a Movement & Never Burn out Again with Dr. Stacy Cohen and Hanna Hermanson - November 21, 2020
- Blaise the Trail Ep 39- The Viewpoint-Blaise Hunter chats with Madeleine Perez on the importance of asking meaningful questions - November 21, 2020
- Episode 379-How To Work More Effectively with Your Design Team-Brand Doctor Podcast with Henry Kaminski, Jr. - November 20, 2020