What if success doesn’t equal happiness? Many of us spend our lives pursuing a singular idea of success, one that was created for us by someone else. We give votes to those who shouldn’t even have voices and strive to go faster and faster even as we find ourselves falling further and further behind. We chase gold stars, we check all the boxes, we lean in – and yet we still feel incomplete. In times of crises, like COVID-19, when we are all forced to press pause on all the hustle, one thing becomes abundantly clear: you can’t be insatiably hungry for someone else’s goals.
When we don’t define success in our own terms, finding our purpose and carving our own path becomes impossible. So how do we break the cycle so that we can live our best lives? How do we create a new normal… so that when life goes “back to normal,” our normal becomes a life we actually want?
In this episode you will learn:
– What marketing messaging is working in 2020
– How to pivot from a speaking career
– How to create an online course in 1 week (not 1 year)
– Where your business will go after Covid-19 calms down
– Who you need to listen to when making business decisions
ABOUT LAURA GASSNER OTTING
Laura speaks with change agents, entrepreneurs, investors, leaders, and donors to get them past the doubt and indecision that consign their great ideas to limbo. She delivers strategic thinking, well-honed wisdom, and catalytic perspective informed by decades of navigating change across the start-up, nonprofit, political, and philanthropic landscapes.
- Globally touring professional speaker (from colleges to conferences to corporations around the world, to a US Army base in Japan, to a TEDx stage in Boston, to The TODAY Show and Good Morning America).
- Founder, Limitless Possibility , a niche consulting firm working with entrepreneurs, philanthropists, executives, and thought leaders to get them unstuck and achieve extraordinary results
- Founder and CEO, NPAG (executive search firm serving nonprofits, foundations, universities, advocacy orgs)
- Political Appointee, The Clinton White House (helped found the national service program, AmeriCorps, in which more than 1M Americans have now served)
Recent episodes from Hanna Hermanson (see all)
- Episode 58-Navigating Marketing, Goal Setting, and Success in the Covid 19 Era with Laura Gassner Otting-Dream Life is Real Life – July 28, 2020
- Episode 57-The Secret to Reinventing Your Business for the New Economy: Soul Alignment with Serena Curran and Hanna Hermanson – July 24, 2020
- Episode 56-Crafting Content that Converts to Sales on Instagram with Sillie Mugo and Hanna Hermanson-Dream Life is Real Life –
Recent episodes from Mike Saunders, MBA (see all)
- Ep. #9 – Malcolm Lemmons – Former Pro B-Ball Player on creating a legacy with Sivonnia DeBarros, Protector of Athletes. - August 4, 2020
- Episode 67- Geoff Cook Shares His Entrepreneurial Journey-Building My Legacy with Lois Sonstegard - August 4, 2020
- Episode 350-How To Alleviate Analysis Paralysis In 3 Easy Steps-Brand Doctor Podcast with Henry Kaminski, Jr. - August 4, 2020