The 40 hour work week. How does this even make sense anymore? What’s the history behind working 40 hours a week and why do we keep doing it?
Welcome to another episode of the Dream Life is Real Life Podcast. Today I am talking to Joe Sanok, author and host of The Practice of The Practice podcast. We’re going to dive into why the 40 hour work week can actually be hurting productivity.
So then…how to be more productive?
Slow down. Yes. Neuroscience and case studies say slowing down helps unlock hidden creativity and productivity.
Learn about the flow between slowing down and killing it as an entrepreneur. AND why science is pushing back on the “hustle culture”.
Your down time is precious. And there are rest time hacks to help you show up more productive and prepared for abundance and new business opportunities.
Yes…It’s okay to stop working on Fridays. Discover why.
And now that you have this newfound productivity, here are a couple other important things to explore.
How are you setting your career goals? Learn why you should ditch that 5-year plan. Start setting 6 month goals.
Are poor boundaries with your clients affecting your productivity? Understand the soft and hard boundaries that need to be set when running your business. Be available on your terms and know when to say NO!
About Joe Sanok
Joe Sanok (pronounced San-Knock) is the author of Thursday is the New Friday: How to Work Fewer Hours, Make More Money, and Spend Time Doing What You Want. He doesn’t just write about the 4 day work week…he lives it!
After years of working 60 hours or more, Joe now enjoys traveling with his family full time in an RV…and he’s actually more productive.
In 2012, Joe launched Practice of the Practice to blog about learning business, marketing, and private practice. The experience turned his meager income into six figures. He also hosts the #1 podcast for counselors–The Practice of the Practice Podcast featuring several big names including Pat Flynn, John Lee Dumas, and Lewis Howes.
Check out Joe’s website to learn more.
ABOUT HANNA HERMANSON
Hanna Hermanson, Certified Coach, International Speaker, Author, & Founder of Dream Life is Real Life Copywriting Agency, who has helped 100s of coaches build, scale, and enjoy their online businesses– essentially make their dream life their real life!
You can find out more about Hanna at dreamlifeisreallife.com/show and connect with her on Instagram @hannahermanson_
Join our network of entrepreneurs, business owners, and online coaches right here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/millennialslivingthedream/
// J O I N T H E C O M M U N I T Y
– Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hannahermanson_/
– Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/hannahermanson/
– Twitter: https://twitter.com/HannaHermanson/
– Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dreamlifeisreallife/
– Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com.mx/HannaHermansonCoaching/
Recent episodes from Mike Saunders, MBA (see all)
- Episode 114-Hiring: How to Build an Effective Team for Your Business with Hanna Hermanson - October 15, 2021
- Ep. #66-Sivonnia DeBarros, Protector of Athletes™ – discusses the resignation of Coach Jon Gruden & three things we can learn from his conduct - October 15, 2021
- Dr. Ginger Bratzel Marketing Strategist-Helping Healthcare Providers & Service Based Businesses Attract Ideal Clients & Patients - October 14, 2021