Welcome to the Front Seat Life Podcast!
Hello, I’m Jessica Butts and I am so glad you are here! This is the first episode of my new podcast and I can’t wait to share some amazing times with you. During this inaugural episode, I want to explain a little about who I am and what this podcast is all about, how it can help you be unapologetically who you are!
I get completely vulnerable and honest while I share what has been going on as I re-invented my life and myself over the past five years. And how I have gotten to the point of this podcast you are listening to right now.
Sometimes You Just Have to Leap
I’m 45 now and in my late 30’s I found myself ridiculously uninspired by my work. My marriage was also falling apart at the time and I felt like I was just wasting my life. I was merely surviving, not thriving…at all.
I was jolted awake when my office was offering severance packages for voluntary layoffs…so I volunteered! I didn’t even know what I was going to do next, no clue.
I somehow ended up at a meeting with people who were doing what I wanted to do, what inspired me. And I realized after that meeting when everything started to fall into line, that you must pay attention to those moments when they happen to you. These are absolutely defining moments, especially when we choose to take them as a sign and act.
I left my 20-year relationship, my career, all of it…with no money and no idea where I was headed. But I knew that what I was doing I couldn’t keep doing… Something had to change.
The 14 Things I Have Been Doing
There are 14 things I have been doing to turn my life around, and I am sharing them all on this podcast. Today I am outlining these key principles, but in future episodes I will take a deep dive into them, to give you all the details, all the good stuff. All right, here they are:
- Codependency. I tell you what this means to me, and what happened when I realized I was codependent.
- Figure out who I was and what I wanted… Who am I when I am at my best?
- Take time to be alone. It’s critical to take time to slow down, stop being so busy, and be alone.
- To be in alignment with your personality type and your core values as much as possible. Life is just easier when we do this but know this might require some big changes as it did for me.
- Get a coach, get a therapist, or get both. Find people to help you.
- Compartmentalization. A choice to give 100% of your energy to one thing at a time. Be all present and all in.
- To learn how to know my worth. I have value, what is it?
- Having a vision and plan for my life, aka Not living five minutes in front of my face.
- To set goals, long-term planning. Where am I going to be in five years? In one year? In 90 days? How about weekly and every single day?
- Like-minded people. Beware the “Muggle World.” We must hang out with the people who are doing bigger and cooler sh*t than we are to keep us inspired and motivated.
- Systems, structure, and singular focus. These are the essential components of a successful life and business strategy.
- Don’t listen to the naysayers, they will kill us.
- Be f-ing determined. When you don’t have a trust fund, or a wealthy spouse, or other resources like that, do you know what you are? You are f-ing determined because there’s no “Plan B.”
- You must believe that you can do it. You don’t have to know how you just must have that determination and believe that you can do it… The “how” will unfold.
Those are the 14 things that got me from where I was… lost, broken, stuck, scared… to where I am now. It’s not perfection, it’s always evolving, but it’s what I envisioned five years ago.
And now, what I am dreaming of and working my butt off for is where I will be…
You can do the same.
To find out more about Jessica visit https://jessicabutts.com/.
Follow her on Instagram @frontseatlife for daily motivation.
Not sure what your Myers Briggs personality type is? Take a free personality assessment at https://jessicabutts.com/front-seat-life-personality-assessment/.
Looking for a tribe of growth-oriented people and want to stay closely connected to Jessica’s coaching? Join the Front Seat Life Community for a small monthly subscription at https://jessicabutts.com/front-seat-life-membership-group/.
Feel like treating yourself to major healing and growth? Want to get a year’s worth of therapy done in 5 days? Join Jessica’s Maui Retreat on March 13-17, 2019. Learn more here: https://tw183-a76c28.pages.infusionsoft.net/.
Recent episodes from James Hamilton Healy (see all)
- 28. Encouraging Leadership Development with Danny Bauer - October 19, 2020
- 147: Becoming Sex Positive with Heather Shannon - October 19, 2020
- 27. Micro-School Shortcut: Schools and Business, Pivot and Open a Micro-School - October 12, 2020