Join Travis Pipes and I as we discuss mental health issues that transcend all careers and socioeconomic barriers. This is the great leveler in all humans.
Travis has successfully completed intensive inpatient treatment geared towards dual-diagnosis substance abuse recovery as well as a life-changing 12-step program.
He was a featured speaker at the 2017 ‘Many Faces Of Mental Illness Conference’ hosted by Siouxland Mental Health at Iowa State University. Travis is a member of the CNQR (pronounced ‘conquer’) Collective which is a wellness company based in Atlanta, GA working to change the typical approaches and end stigma in the world of mental Health and wellness. He’s also the primary mental health and substance abuse recovery advocate and speaker at The Milwaukee Police Academy.
Travis will also be debuting his new show on blog talk radio at the Mental Health News Radio network. It’s called ‘Wide Open Looks.’ Featuring stories of mental health, addiction, recovery, change, and perseverance inside and outside the lines of sports.
He’ll be discussing his lived experience, viewpoints on mental health and writing as they apply to topics such as stigma, recovery, wellness and image and performance in sports.
Travis currently resides in Wisconsin. He’s a published NFL sports writer and studied journalism at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.
More info – http://icnqr.com/travis-pipes
Medium – https://medium.com/@tfpipes
USA Today, The Packers Wire – http://packerswire.usatoday.com/author/tfpipes/
Facebook – https://facebook.com/thepackmentality
Find out more at http://rescuetherescuer.com
The Addictions Academy – The Nation’s Leading Accredited Addiction Treatment Services, Recovery/Sober Coaching & Intervention Training Academy: https://theaddictionsacademy.com/
Hassle-Free Books – You have a message to share, it shouldn’t be so difficult to get it out to the world. Become an author in a little as 45 days: http://hasslefreebooks.com
Recent episodes from Stephen Kavalkovich (see all)
- Ep020: Travis Pipes – The Universality of Stigma in Pro Sports and with First Responders – December 6, 2017
- Ep019: Katrina King of Recovered Purpose and Chasing the Dragon – November 29, 2017
- Ep018: Kristin Walker – Mental Health News Radio Network – November 22, 2017
Recent episodes from James Healy (see all)
- Ep016: Jean Krisle of 10,000 Beds – Our Mission is Recovery - December 9, 2017
- Ep020: Travis Pipes – The Universality of Stigma in Pro Sports and with First Responders - December 6, 2017
- Ep015: Wesley Geer of Hed P.E. & Korn – Rock to Recovery - December 6, 2017