…than read about you in the obituaries tomorrow.
Dave and I talk about the pushback in the First Responder world when it comes to mental health and how it needs to change immediately.
David Wiklanski is a Firefighter/EMT with the New Brunswick Fire Department, currently assigned to the suppression section. He has over fifteen years in Emergency Services. Firefighter Wiklanski is a highly known speaker and writer, most notably for his presentations on behavioral health, in addition to Suicide Terrorism. His mission is to end the stigma associated with mental health and to connect responders with the available resources to not only survive, but thrive in their careers.
His presentations have been followed at many seminars at the local, state and national levels, including Firehouse Expo, Firehouse World, New Jersey Statewide Conference on EMS, and the Metro Atlanta Firefighter Conference. He contributes articles to Fire Engineering and the Firehouse Tribune. His first book: Suicide Bombers, Understanding Suicide Terrorism from a Cultural and Memetic perspective is available online and he is currently working on authoring his next book.
Find out more at http://rescuetherescuer.com
Recovery Innovators – In today’s busy world it is more important than ever to establish yourself as an expert. Gain the instant trust of your prospects and clients as a respected Addictions Authority: http://recoveryinnovators.com
The Addictions Academy – The Nation’s Leading Accredited Addiction Treatment Services, Recovery/Sober Coaching & Intervention Training Academy: https://theaddictionsacademy.com/
Hassle-Free Books – You have a message to share, it shouldn’t be so difficult to get it out to the world. Become an author in a little as 45 days: http://hasslefreebooks.com
Recent episodes from Stephen Kavalkovich (see all)
- Ep010: Jeff Dill – Firefighter Behavioral Health Alliance – September 19, 2017
- Ep009: David Wiklanksi – I’d rather you be annoyed that I woke you up… – September 11, 2017
- Ep008: Dan Willis – Create a Bulletproof Spirit – September 5, 2017
Recent episodes from James Healy (see all)
- Ep010: Jeff Dill – Firefighter Behavioral Health Alliance - September 19, 2017
- Ep003: Stacy Fisher-Gunn – Be Kind to Yourself - September 13, 2017
- Ep002: Jessica Butts – Live Your Life from the Front Seat - September 12, 2017