The Fire Asylum is a training crucible that burns heroes to ash and reshapes them into people for whom firefighting is not a job, but a calling.
Marty Mayes shares his story of struggle and passion for the fire service.
Marty joined the fire service in 1987, as a volunteer. In 1990 Marty became a full-time police officer with the same city and served as both a volunteer fire fighter and F/T police officer for the next ten years.
Marty left police work in 2000 but continued to volunteer as a fire fighter. Marty worked in the field of high-end private security, until 2010 when he was diagnosed with cancer and placed into hospice.
After several surgeries and extended treatments, Marty beat cancer like a rented mule. Today Marty runs his training company called, The Fire Asylum.
We are honored to have him come on the show and share his experience with his own internal fire and how he overcame it. He now has turned his greatest liability into an asset to help the masses.
He sees a day when we operate at an elite level across the entire fire service, volunteer, and career alike. Mentally tough, physically ready, and spiritually resilient.
More info: http://www.fireasylum.com/
Find out more at http://rescuetherescuer.com
Recovery Innovators – In today’s busy world it is more important than ever to establish yourself as an expert. Gain the instant trust of your prospects and clients as a respected Addictions Authority: http://recoveryinnovators.com
The Addictions Academy – The Nation’s Leading Accredited Addiction Treatment Services, Recovery/Sober Coaching & Intervention Training Academy: https://theaddictionsacademy.com/
Recent episodes from Stephen Kavalkovich (see all)
- Ep020: Travis Pipes – The Universality of Stigma in Pro Sports and with First Responders – December 6, 2017
- Ep019: Katrina King of Recovered Purpose and Chasing the Dragon – November 29, 2017
- Ep018: Kristin Walker – Mental Health News Radio Network – November 22, 2017
Recent episodes from James Healy (see all)
- Ep016: Jean Krisle of 10,000 Beds – Our Mission is Recovery - December 9, 2017
- Ep020: Travis Pipes – The Universality of Stigma in Pro Sports and with First Responders - December 6, 2017
- Ep015: Wesley Geer of Hed P.E. & Korn – Rock to Recovery - December 6, 2017