Justan Rice-Riches’ work history represents the embodiment of career change success. 12 years ago, she served as the Deputy Executive Director for the American Council of Engineering Companies of Arizona where she oversaw the Association’s PR, Marketing, Legislative Affairs and Education Outreach.
From there, she made her first career pivot, simultaneously earning a graduate degree in education and teaching certificate to become a special education teacher.
After 4 years in the classroom, she successfully transitioned to administrative leadership, where she worked as a Special Education Department Chair, Education Program Specialist for Arizona’s Department of Education, Director of Special Services and Federal Programs for a rural school district and then Regional Director for the State’s School for the Deaf and the Blind.
Today, her career has come full circle. Justan recently returned to the American Council of Engineering Companies to serve as this Arizona Association’s President.
Justan holds a B.S. in Criminalistics & Criminal Science, a M.Ed. in Elementary and Special Education, and an Ed.D. in Leadership and Innovation.
Recent episodes from Virginia Franco (see all)
- Resume Storyteller with Virginia Franco – Interview with Career Consultant Kristin Sherry – February 12, 2019
- Resume Storyteller with Virginia Franco – Interview with Tech Recruiter Amir Bormand – February 5, 2019
- Resume Storyteller with Virginia Franco – Interview with LinkedIn Strategist & Peak-Careers Principal Jim Peacock – January 23, 2019
Recent episodes from Mike Saunders, MBA (see all)
- Brian Sooy Founder of Aespire and author of the top-rated branding and culture book, “Raise Your Voice: A Cause Manifesto.” - February 17, 2019
- Holly Fisher founder and CEO of Fisher Creative - February 17, 2019
- Macy Robison Founder of Uplight Creative - February 17, 2019