Amir Bormand is the Co-founder of Elevano, a California- based recruitment company, who helps hundreds of people find more fulfilling jobs every year.
Amir is unique to the recruiting industry because he is a former engineer himself— and could still jot out a few lines of code! He’s seen the technical recruiting game from both sides, and during his engineering career, he constantly saw agency recruiters take shortcuts and use deceptive practices all for their own benefit.
That’s why he encourages a candidate-centric approach to every aspect of technical recruiting and sales. His overriding desire is to smash the negative stigma left by current recruitment strategies, and replace it with a more transparent, honest and empathetic service offering.
When he’s not working, Amir enjoys spending time with his families and traveling. He and his wife have a 5-year-old daughter, who keeps him busy with the latest trends in Disney cartoons.
Recent episodes from Virginia Franco (see all)
- Resume Storyteller with Virginia Franco – Interview with Career Consultant Kristin Sherry – February 12, 2019
- Resume Storyteller with Virginia Franco – Interview with Tech Recruiter Amir Bormand – February 5, 2019
- Resume Storyteller with Virginia Franco – Interview with LinkedIn Strategist & Peak-Careers Principal Jim Peacock – January 23, 2019
Recent episodes from Mike Saunders, MBA (see all)
- Brian Sooy Founder of Aespire and author of the top-rated branding and culture book, “Raise Your Voice: A Cause Manifesto.” - February 17, 2019
- Holly Fisher founder and CEO of Fisher Creative - February 17, 2019
- Macy Robison Founder of Uplight Creative - February 17, 2019