Jachai is a basketball player from Waukegan, Illinois. Jachai Attended Waukegan High School and was named honorable mention all-state, twice the Central Suburban League Player of the Year, twice MVP of his varsity team, 2013 Oswego Player of the Game, a 2014 Grant Thanksgiving Tournament All-Tournament Team selection, 2015 Rotary Club of Waukegan Male Athlete of the Year, 2015 Waukegan High School Male Senior Athlete of the Year, and MVP of the 2015 Lake County All-Star Game.
Post High School, Jachai spent two seasons at NCAA Division I Murray State University where he averaged eight minutes, three points and 1.5 rebounds per game across 36 career games and qualified for the Murray State honor roll in each of his two years as a student-athlete and was named to the OVC All-Academic Team as a sophomore.
Fast forward to 2018-19 playing season, Jachai played in 26 games for the Royals averaging 7.5 minutes per game where he averaged 3.0 points and 1.3 rebounds per game, while shooting 54.1 percent from the field and 40.7 percent from the 3-point line. Jachai scored a season-high 13 points and totaled a season-high nine rebounds versus William Jewell College on Nov. 3, 2018
Jachai’s dream is to play professionally with Chicago Bulls considering that it’s home for him and he believes he can make a huge difference in his native city of Chicago.
About Sivonnia DeBarros
Sivonnia DeBarros – the Protector of Athletes – is a first-generation lawyer and law business owner, woman in business and a former track and field Division-I College athlete. DeBarros is passionate about helping athletes in business protect their brands through collaborative partnerships, education and support necessary to carry them to the next level. DeBarros’s practice areas are Business, Employment, Sports, and Entertainment. Learn more about her services at www.prosportlawyer.com and www.sldebarros.com.
Recent episodes from Sivonnia DeBarros (see all)
- Ep. #23 – Sivonnia DeBarros – S&E Lawyer, and Protector of Athletes on breaking down the fx Voids over Deficits + Deposits. – November 20, 2020
- Ep. #22 – Megan Perry – Sports Veteran on taking initiative & navigating motherhood in sports with Sivonnia DeBarros, Protector of Athletes – November 16, 2020
- Ep. #21 – Kim Hale – Celebrity Dancer Publicist on breaking barriers in Entertainment with Sivonnia DeBarros, Protector of Athletes. – November 7, 2020
Recent episodes from Mike Saunders, MBA (see all)
- Episode 73-Quit Your Career and Start a Movement & Never Burn out Again with Dr. Stacy Cohen and Hanna Hermanson - November 21, 2020
- Blaise the Trail Ep 39- The Viewpoint-Blaise Hunter chats with Madeleine Perez on the importance of asking meaningful questions - November 21, 2020
- Episode 379-How To Work More Effectively with Your Design Team-Brand Doctor Podcast with Henry Kaminski, Jr. - November 20, 2020